All In One Favicon adds favicons to your site and your admin pages.
You can either use favicons you already uploaded or use the builtin upload mechanism to upload a favicon to your WordPress installation.
All three favicon types are supported – .ico, .png and .gif (may be animated)
Also, Apple Touch Icons are supported.
- Bahasa Indonesia (
id_ID) by EKO
- Czech (
cs_CZ) by Neteyes
- Danish (
da_DK) by GeorgWP
- Dutch (
nl_NL) by Pieter Carette
- English (
en_EN) by Arne Franken
- French (
fr_FR) by Christophe Guilloux
- German (
de_DE) by Arne Franken
- Hebrew (
he_IL) by Ahrale
- Italian (
it_IT) by Valerio Vendrame
- Polish (
pl_PL) by Piotr Czarnecki
- Portuguese (
pt_PT) by Miguel Ângelo Patricio
- Serbian (
sr_RS) by Balkanboy Media team
- Simplified Chinese (
zh_CN) by Tunghsiao Liu
- Spanish (
es_ES) by Eddy Ernesto Ríos
- Slovak (
sk_SK) by Viliam Brozman
- Swedish (
sv_SE) by Christian Nilsson
- Turkish (
tr_TR) by Ömer Faruk Karabulut
Is your native language missing?
Translating the plugin is easy if you understand english and are fluent in another language.
I described in the FAQ how the translation works.
Upgrading From A Previous Version
To upgrade from a previous version of this plugin, use the built in update feature of WordPress or copy the files on top of the current installation.
Installing The Plugin
Either use the built in plugin installation feature of WordPress, or extract all files from the ZIP file, making sure to keep the file structure intact, and then upload it to
Then just visit your admin area and activate the plugin. That’s it!
Configuring The Plugin
Go to the settings page and and upload your Favicon(s) or add the path/URL to already existing Favicon(s).
Internet Explorer: Why does my favicon show up in the backend but not in the frontend or not at all?
Internet Explorer behaves weird, not only when favicons are concerned. You may take a look at this
Why is All In One Favicon not available in my language?
I speak German and English fluently, but unfortunately no other language well enough to do a translation.
Would you like to help? Translating the plugin is easy if you understand English and are fluent in another language.
How do I translate All In One Favicon?
Take a look at the WordPress site and identify your language code:
e.g. the language code for German is
- download POEdit
- download All In One Favicon (from your FTP server or from WordPress.org)
- copy the file
localization/aio-favicon-en_EN.poand rename it. (in this case
- open the file with POEdit.
- translate all strings. Things like
%1$smean that a value will be inserted later.
- The string that says ”English translation by Arne …”, this is where you put your name, website (or email) and your language in. 😉
- (optional) Go to POEdit -> Catalog -> Settings and enter your name, email, language code etc
- Save the file. Now you will see two files,
- Upload your files to your FTP server into the All In One Favicon directory (usually
- When you are sure that all translations are working correctly, send the po-file to me and I will put it into the next All In One Favicon version.
My question isn’t answered here. What do I do now?
Feel free to open a thread at the All In One Favicon WordPress.org forum.
I’ll include new FAQs in every new version.
Bidragsgivare och utvecklare
”All In One Favicon” är programvara med öppen källkod. Följande personer har bidragit till detta tillägg.Bidragande personer
- Resolve XSS vulnerabilities.
- Improve upload functionality and flow on settings page.
- Use __construct() for all class constructors.
- Some style tweaks to the settings page.
- Fix unexpected output on plugin activation.
- BUGFIX: Fix undefined index notices.
- BUGFIX: Use __construct() for PHP7 compatibility.
- BUGFIX: File upload will now work in certain browsers, e.g. Internet Explorer and Safari 5
- NEW: Portuguese translation by Miguel Ângelo Patricio
- CHANGE: Turkish translation updated by Ömer Faruk Karabulut
- BUGFIX: fix errormessage that _() wouldn’t work in some installations
- BUGFIX: Copy and paste of Favicon URLs now working correctly
- NEW: Turkish translation by Selçuk Yahşi
- CHANGE: Eddy Ernesto Ríos updated the Spanish translation
- CHANGE: deleting all plugin settings now also deleted uploaded favicons
- CHANGE: option ”delete favicon” is only displayed if a favicon was already uploaded
- NEW: Hebrew translation by Ahrale
- CHANGE: favicon URLs can be copy’n’pasted again
- CHANGE: upload form only accepts files of type ”image” now.
- CHANGE: use
plugins_urlto make links HTTPS aware
- CHANGE: Viliam Brozman updated the Slovak translation
- CHANGE: Tunghsiao Liu updated the Simplified Chinese translation
- BUGFIX: switch declaration of ’NAME’ and ’TEXTDOMAIN’
- NEW: Simplified Chinese translation by Tunghsiao Liu
- NEW: Czech translation by Neteyes
- NEW: French translation by Christophe Guilloux
- NEW: Slovak translation by Viliam Brozman
- NEW: Serbian translation by Balkanboy Media team
- NEW: Dutch translation by Pieter Carette
- NEW: Option to not add reflective shine to Apple Touch Icons
- CHANGE: uploaded favicons can be deleted
- CHANGE: new upload buttons, uploading of favicons is now much easier
- CHANGE: uploaded favicons are now shown on settings page
- CHANGE: fixed link to Apple Touch Icon howto
- CHANGE: Major refactoring, hopefully speeds up frontend and backend rendering
- CHANGE: made plugin compatible to PHP4
- NEW: Added option to remove link from meta box.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where the plugin would break WordPress 3.0 with Multisite enabled.
- NEW: Added latest donations and top donations to settings page
- NEW: Danish translation by GeorgWP
- NEW: Bahasa Indonesia translation by EKO
- NEW: Polish translation by Piotr Czarnecki
- NEW: Swedish translation by Christian Nilsson
- NEW: Italian translation by Valerio Vendrame
- NEW: Spanish translation by Juan Pablo Pérez Manes
- BUGFIX: Fixing bug where favicons would not be displayed in certain cases.
- NEW: now supports Apple Touch Icons for backend and frontend
- NEW: more links to websites containing information.
- NEW: Initial release.