This plugin is a ’swiss army knife’ of custom fields. It allows you to manipulate them to make it easy the testing and debugging of applications.
This plugin was built in a moment of desperation when I couldn’t access phpMyAdmin in a mu website.
I absolutely needed to manipulate the custom fields for testing and debugging, version 1.0 was up in 4 hours.
In the following months I realized how useful the plugin was and couldn’t work anymore without it. It had become part of my standard toolset.
1 Read/write/delete options, user fields and post fields.
2 Populate the field with an empty array.
3 Insert a date string and translate it into a timestamp or vice versa to emulate specific dates.
4 Change name to a field.
5 Copy any field’s content to any other field (for example, option to user field) even of a different name.
You can contribute to the plugin or just study the code on the Github repo.
- Visit the plugins page within your dashboard and select ‘Add New’;
- Search for ‘Dapre Custom Fields Tools’;
- Activate the plugin from your Plugins page;
Bidragsgivare och utvecklare
”Dapre Custom Fields Tools” är programvara med öppen källkod. Följande personer har bidragit till detta tillägg.Bidragande personer
Översätt ”Dapre Custom Fields Tools” till ditt språk.
Intresserad av programutveckling?
Läs programkoden, kika på SVN-filförvaret eller prenumerera på utvecklarloggen via RSS.
- Fixed an error in casting a return value.
- Refactored the UI of the meta fields tables to use REACT.
- Meta fields rows can now be added and removed dynamically.
- Bug fixing.
- Fixed visualization bug in first row of meta fields.
- Improved UI
- Moved from AJAX to REST API.
- Updated npm packages versions.
- Built distributable file.
- Refactored CSS to use grid and flexbox instead of tables.
- Refactored CSS to use BEVM coding principles.
- Refactored templates to comply with changes in CSS.
- Added Gulp workflow.
- Refactored code and created new plugin structure to meet the new workflow needs.
- bugfix: plugin left the delete option enabled with non existing meta fields.
- made all strings translatable and escaped output.
- added filter input to avoid accessing $_POST directly.
- Initialized variables containing CSS classes to remove warnings.
- Renamed constant PLUGIN_PATH with PLUGIN_DIRPATH for better clarity.
- Minor code refactoring. Abstracted some common methods.
- Moved conditionals from templates to classes.
- Added PHP version check. Minimum version required is PHP 7.x
- Introduced classes for option fields, user fields and post fields
- Refactored the previous options array. Now there are three arrays instead of one
- It is now possible to also read/write base fields for user fields and post fields (fields that are in the wp_users table and wp_posts table)
- Improved error handling where the user get an error after trying to write on a meta field
- Added colorbox library
- Refactored settings page to make html code cleaner and get ready for the next evolution
- Added copy boxes to allow copy any field to any field even of a different type
- Added rename option box
- Moved the three boxes into tabs
- Switch tabs through JS
- converted plugin to AJAX
- Added actions
- Added checkbox to toggle date string/timestamp
- Possible to add an empty array
- First version, very basic.