Events as Posts is a simple plugin that allows you to post events as if they were normal posts, but with added fields like date, time and location.
It also allows you to display lists of events everywhere on your site using a shortcode. You can choose if you want to display future, past or all the events, and also the number of events and of which category.
Installation via WordPress
- Go to the menu ’Plugins’ -> ’Install’ and search for ’Events as Posts’
- Click ’Install’
- Upload ’events-as-posts’ directory to the ’/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ’Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ’Events’ -> ’Add event’ in the admin menu to publish your events
- Go to ’Events’ -> ’Settings’ in the admin menu to create a shortcode for a list of events and add styles to it
- When I choose to display events by category they are not showing
Double check that you have written the category name correctly and, if you have more than one category, that you have separated them with a comma.
- I chose to display the excerpt in a list of events and it’s showing in all the lists, how can it be?
The setting that allows you to show the excerpt on lists of events is not related to the shortcode and if selected it will show the excerpt on all the lists.
- Can I change the order of how events on the list are displayed?
Yes, just add to the shortcode
order="ASC"for ascendent order or
order="DESC"for descendent order.
- Using events’ metadata with other plugins
Use the following meta keys:
- eap_from_day: starting date of the event ( Y-m-d format )
- eap_from_day_custom_format: starting date of the event ( settings’ format )
- eap_from_time: starting time of the event ( H:i format )
- eap_from_time_custom_format: starting time of the event ( settings’ format )
- eap_until_day: ending date of the event ( Y-m-d format )
- eap_until_day_custom_format: ending date of the event ( settings’ format )
- eap_until_time: ending time of the event ( H:i format )
- eap_until_time_custom_format: ending time of the event ( settings’ format )
- eap_location: location of the event
- eap_link_location: link to event’s location
- eap_city: event’s city
- eap_country: event’s country
- eap_add_info: additional information about the event
If you’re going to use ’M’ or ’F’ as a date format for the month, which display the month in letters (short and long form), the month name will be stored in the database in the language of the user who created or updated the event.
Bidragsgivare och utvecklare
”Events as Posts” är programvara med öppen källkod. Följande personer har bidragit till detta tillägg.Bidragande personer
0.5.9 — 14 of December, 2019
- Added Gutenberg support to event post type, and fixed issue with events disappearing on future and past event lists depending on until day field settings.
0.5.8 — 28 of May, 2019
- Added front-end stylesheet again, but now can be disabled using wp_deregister_style() in case you don’t want to use the plugin default styles.
0.5.7 — 27 of May, 2019
- Cleaned up code that displays the styles, and correct a wrong option name in setting’s page.
0.1 — 15 of September, 2018
- First release.