BuddyBoss to PeepSo Migration Tool is a migrator plugin that moves your existing data from BuddyBoss to PeepSo. It’s super-easy to use.
Install PeepSo and all its plugins that you want to use. Add the Migrator plugin, choose a couple of quick options and click the button. That’s it! The migrator will get to work by moving your data.
If you’ve wanted to give PeepSo a try but you worry that you’d lose your BoddyBoss content, you’ve got nothing to fear. We’ve got you covered.
The following plugins must be installed for the migrator to work:
* BuddyBoss Platform and/or Platform Pro version 2.0 or higher.
* PeepSo and the corresponding plugins for the content you wish to migrate (Photos for photos, Groups for groups etc.)
* This migrator
BuddyBoss and PeepSo don’t share the same set of features, so those which are not common will not be moved. The migrator can definitely move:
- User Profiles
- User Profile Fields
- User Avatars and Cover images
- User Connections – these will become Friends and Followers
- User Messages
- User Photos and Photo Albums
- User Videos
- Relevant notifications that crossover to PeepSo
How to run the Migrator?
On your existing website with BuddyBoss, install PeepSo Free Foundation and then choose which bundle plugins you want to use. Once you have all plugins in place, go to PeepSoMigrateBB menu item, assign profile fields to make sure everything matches and click the ‘Start Migration’ button.
That’s all it takes. Your BuddyBoss community will move to PeepSo. BuddyBoss and Migrator will also be deactivated. All necessary shortcodes are set in WordPress pages and your community will be ready to settle in the new (and improved) PeepSo environment.
If you’d like to see us performing the migration on a video, take a look here
- Make sure that BuddyBoss is installed and working.
- Install PeepSo and any of the plugins you want to use in your community.
- Install and open the Migrator.
- If you’re using the Gender and Birthday fields in your community, match those fields to the fields in BuddyBoss. (Other fields in BuddyBoss will also be moved but the gender and birthdate fields are available in PeepSo by default and have to be matched manually.)
- Click the ‘Start Migration’ button.
- Confirm that you want to migrate the data.
- Stroke the cat and plan world domination while your data flies into PeepSo.
Please note that the Migrator only moves the data within the same WordPress installation. You won’t be able to use it to migrate BuddyBoss from https://sampledomain1.com to http://sampledomain2.com. Also note that it is designed to migrate from BuddyBoss to PeepSo, not the other way around.
Does the Migrator work with third party BuddyBoss plugins?
As much as we’d love to move all the data stored by every plugin, BuddyBoss just has too many. In order to mitigate plugin convolution, we are focused on the core BuddyBoss and its official extensions. Third party plugins are not supported.
How long does it take to migrate everything?
The migration time depends on the size of your community and will vary according to:
- Number of users
- Number of posts
- Number of comments
- Number of messages
- Number of notifications
- Number of friend connections
- Number of photos
- Number of videos
The move is also influenced by the speed of the server on which you’re hosting your site.
We have tested moving 2 million database records on the dedicated hosting environment. It took about 40 minutes to migrate everything from BuddyBoss to PeepSo.
Migration with only 20.000 database records took around 3 minutes.
With a community of 1000+ members and nearly 60,000 activities on a shared hosting environment, the whole migration process took about 11 minutes.
Bottom line is, these two factors will greatly contribute to the overall speed of migration, so before you commence the migration, make sure to check these parameters:
- How fast and powerful is your server?
- How much data are you trying to transfer?
What does the migration process look like?
You can see the process example in the Screenshots section.
What if I already have data in PeepSo?
Migrator can move a community from BuddyBoss to PeepSo, but it is not able to merge a BuddyBoss-based community into an existing PeepSo community. During the migration, all PeepSo data is removed and substituted with the data taken from BuddyBoss.
Can I use this migrator to move my community to a different website?
No. BuddyBoss to PeepSo will move a BuddyBoss-based community to PeepSo within the same WordPress installation. It can’t move the data between websites.
How do I report a bug or a problem with Migrator?
You can use the support tab here on the WordPress website.
Detta tillägg har inga recensioner.
Bidragsgivare och utvecklare
”BuddyBoss to PeepSo Migration Tool” är programvara med öppen källkod. Följande personer har bidragit till detta tillägg.Bidragande personer