Please note: this plugin is officially deprecated. If you are still interested in using this service please utilize the offical Ads module included in Jetpack.
With traditional advertising relationships a publisher or blogger has two relationships and platforms–one for publishing and the other for advertising. AdControl combines the two partnerships into one.
AdControl is a new service from Automattic that extends our advertising scale and know-how to eligible sites using WordPress. We believe it is a special partnership between the largest Internet publishing platform and our users. The team at AdControl and WordPress.com are very excited about the potential to help our self-hosted publishers to earn income from their sites with high quality ads and strong rates from advertisers.
Make sure you apply to WordAds for each site you want to run AdControl on.
Bidragsgivare och utvecklare
”AdControl” är programvara med öppen källkod. Följande personer har bidragit till detta tillägg.Bidragande personer
- Deprication warning
- Updated to new
- Defaulted header unit to on upon activation.
- Updated widget section ids to auto-increment.
- Updated to new header tag.
- New options to control which page types below post ads appear on.
- Added option for 2nd below post ad unit.
- Some tweaks for ’twenty(fourteen|fifteen|seventeen)’ themes.
- Some speed/prefetch optimizations.
- Removed link from ”Advertisements” notice
- Updated house ads to HTML5
- Added support for house ads while we wait for site to get approved with our partner networks.
- Replaced ”About these ads” notice with ”Advertisements” so Google doesn’t get cranky.
- Default values for Widgets should prevent some errors in cases where the widget can show up before values are set.
- Added CloudFlare detection for widget.
- Added automatic detection for sites using CloudFlare (Rocket Loader), excluding ad scripts from being included in the optimizations done by Rocket Loader.
- Added a constant to manually turn on CloudFlare support (Rocket Loader)
- ’define( ’ADCONTROL_CLOUDFLARE’, true );’ in wp-config will add a tag to the script tags to prevent Rocket Loader from including them in its optimization process, which can cause problems with ads loading properly.
- Updated Jetpack check for non-traditional installations.
- Updated debug output to use better color scheme. Green = good, red = problem.
- Added filters to disable units ad-hoc.
adcontrol_header_disableset to true will prevent header unit from displaying.
adcontrol_inpost_disableset to true will prevent the in post unit from displaying.
- Fixed some metadata URL escaping.
- Added some API debug options.
- More text domain fixes.
- Added option for turning off leaderboard on mobile.
- Text domain fixes.
- Added missing uninstall.php.
Cleanup and backend fixes.
Plugin streamlining and cleanup before release.