This plugin makes placing social media icons on your site REALLY easy.
- Select from a wide range of social media platforms (see a list of them below)
- Pick from 16 stylish design styles for your social icons
- Place the icons before or after posts, floating, via widget, via shortcode, or define the location on the page (top right, bottom left etc.)
- Give several actions to one icon (e.g. your Facebook icon can lead visitors to your Facebook page, and also show a Facebook like button to allow visitors to like your page)
- Give your icons an animation (e.g. automatic shuffling, mouse-over effects) to make your visitors aware of them, increasing the chance that they follow, like or share your site
- Add counts to your buttons
- Display a pop-up (on all or only on selected pages) asking people to follow or share you
- Allow visitors to subscribe to your site and receive new posts automatically by email
- Select from many other customization features for your icons
The plugin takes you through eight easy-to-answer questions so that configuring the plugin becomes a no-brainer:
Question 1: Which icons do you want to display?
You can select the following:
- Facebook icon
- Twitter icon
- Email icon
- RSS icon
- Instagram icon
- Google plus icon
- Youtube icon
- Pinterest icon
- LinkedIn icon
- Houzz icon
- Share icon (allows your visitors to share your site on over 200+ other social media sites; powered by addthis/sharethis)
You can also upload custom icons of your choice.
The Premium Plugin offers many more icons and badges. The premium icon set includes a…
- Snapchat icon
- Yummly icon
- Whatsapp icon
- Phone icon
- Yelp icon
- Soundcloud icon
- Skype icon
- Flickr icon
- Blogger icon
- Reddit icon
- Vimeo icon
- Tumblr icon
- Xing icon
- Vkontakte icon / VK icon
- Telegram icon
- Amazon icon
- Goodreads icon
- Angies list icon
- Steam icon
- Twitch icon
- Spotify icon
- Odnoklassniki icon / OK icon (ok.ru)
- Buffer icon
- Weibo icon
- Pocket icon
- Meneame icon
- Frype icon
- LiveJournal icon
- Patreon icon
- Dloky icon
- Discord icon
- Github icon
- WordPress icon
- Etsy icon
- Better Business Bureau icon
- Digg icon
- Delicious icon
- Print icon
If there are any important social media networks not covered yet, please let us know!
Question 2: What shall the icons do?
Under this question you define what should happen if your visitors click on the icons.
The options are plenty, for example for the Facebook button you can allow users to:
- Visit your Facebook page
- Give your page a Facebook Like
- Share it with friends (on Facebook)
For the Twitter button you can allow users to:
* Visit you on Twitter
* Follow you on Twitter (without leaving your page)
* Tweet your page to the Twitter community
For the Youtube button you can allow users to:
* Visit you on Youtube
* Subscribe to you on Youtube (just by pressing the Youtube button, without leaving your page)
For the Pinterest button you can allow users to:
* Visit you on Pinterest
* Pin your site on Pinterest
For the LinkedIn button you can allow users to:
* Visit your LinkedIn page
* Follow you on LinkedIn (without leaving your website)
* Share your page on LinkedIn
* Recommend your business or product on LinkedIn
For the Google+ button you can allow users to:
- Visit your Google+ page
- Give your page a ”Google+ like”
- Share it with friends (on Google+)
The other social buttons provide similar functions. If you’ve given one icon several functions then users will see a little popup (tooltip) where they can select what they want to do.
Question 3: Where shall the icons be displayed?
Now it’s time to define where the social media icons should show up. You can select to show them:
- Via widget: In the widget are you’ll see the social media widget where you can drag & drop it onto your sidebar or footer area.
- Float on the page: You can define the location, e.g. top right, center left etc., and the margins from the top/bottom/left/right. They will appear as flying icons which move as the user scrolls down.
- Manually: Place the sharing icons via shortcode [DISPLAY_ULTIMATE_PLUS] or insert a php string into your theme.
- Show the icons before or after posts: Here you can select the icons to show before or after posts. You can choose to show the icons you selected above (round/squared layout), or pick from a different (rectangle) set of share icons. You can also define a text before the icons, e.g. “Please follow and share us!” and define the alignment of the icons (left/right/center).
The following questions are optional only, however most likely you will want to go through them to individualize the icon’s appearance even more:
Question 4: What design & animation do you want to give your icons?
Here you can define how the sharing icons should look like. You can select from 16 design options (see screenshots).
You can also give any social media icon mouse-over effects, such as “fading effects” (icons fade in/out if moved over), “scale” (icons become larger if moved over) or “combo” (combination of the previous two).
If you want to give a subtle hint to your visitors to share, like or follow your site, then you can animate your social media buttons, for example you can let them shuffle automatically (e.g. when the site first loads, or after X seconds as defined by you).
Question 5: Do you want to display counts next to your icons?
Under this question you can decide to display counts next to your icons. All icons have the option to show manual counts, however for some icons automatic options are available.
For example, for your Facebook button you can show the number of times the page got liked where the icon is on (i.e. your site), or the number of likes count of your Facebook page.
For the Googleplus button similar options are available. For the Twitter button you can show the number of your followers on Twitter, which gets updated dynamically.
Question 6: Any other wishes for your main sharing icons?
Here you get many other options to tailor the icons to your needs. For example, you can:
- Define the order of your social network icons
- Define the size of your social network icons
- Define the space between the social network buttons
- Define the alignment of icons (with respect to each other)
- Decide how many social media logos should be displayed per row
- Pick a language for your visit us / like / follow icons
- Decide to open windows in a new window (or same window)
- Make icons stick (if placed via widget, so still visible if user scrolls down)
- Disable float share buttons on mobile devices
- Disable auto-scaling feature for mobile devices (“viewport” meta tag)
- Give your social media butons mouse-over texts
Question 7: Do you want to display a pop up?
A pop-up can make it more likely that your visitors share, follow or like your site (or connect with you). Therefore you can decide to show such a popup containing your social networks icons, and define…
* The layout of the pop up, i.e. displayed text, font type, font style, font color, background color, border color, border thickness, and border shadow.
* Where the pop-up shall be shown, i.e. on ever page, on blog posts only, or on selected pages only.
* When the pop-up shall be shown, i.e. once every X seconds after the user arrived on the site, or every time the user scrolls to the end of the page.
Question 8: Do you want to show a subscription form?
In addition to an email button you can also place a subscription form on your site, making it more likely that users subscribe and follow your site. It works in a similar way as a newsletter (using RSS technology, but not linked to your RSS button).
You can define the detailed layout of the subscription form, and have various options how to place it (via widget, shortcodes, or by copy/pasting HTML code on your site).
Our target is to make the plugin available in all languages, so that the entire world can benefit from our sharing buttons 🙂 Please help us to translate it!
- Parlez-vous français? Aidez-nous à traduire ce plugin (qui permet aux utilisateurs de placer des icônes et des boutons sociaux / média sociaux / medias sociaux un site web) en français!
- ¿Hablas español? Por favor, ayúdanos a traducir este plugin (que permite a los usuarios colocar iconos de medios sociales y botones en un sitio web) en español!
- Sprechen Sie deutsch? Helfen Sie uns unser Plugin (mit welchem man Icons für Soziale Medien auf die Webseite platzieren kann) auf deutsch zu übersetzen!
- Você fala português? Por favor, ajude-nos a traduzir este plugin (que permite aos usuários colocar ícones de midia / mídia social e botões em um site) para o português!
- Anata wa nihongo o hanasemasu ka? Kono Puraguin o hon’yaku shite (u~ebusaito-jō ni sōsharumedia no aikon ya botan o oku koto ga dekiru), nihongo ni hon’yaku shite kudasai!
- Nǐ huì shuō zhōngwén ma qǐng bāngzhù wǒmen fānyì zhège chājiàn (yǔnxǔ yònghù jiāng shèjiāo méitǐ túbiāo hé ànniǔ fàng zài wǎngzhàn shàng) chéng zhōngwén!
- А ты говоришь по русски? Пожалуйста, помогите нам перевести этот плагин (который позволяет пользователям размещать значки и кнопки социальных сетей на веб-сайте) на русский!
- A ty govorish’ po russki? Pozhaluysta, pomogite nam perevesti etot plagin (kotoryy pozvolyayet pol’zovatelyam razmeshchat’ znachki i knopki sotsial’nykh setey na veb-sayte) na russkiy!
- क्या आप हिंदी बोलते हैं? कृपया हमें इस प्लगइन का अनुवाद करने में मदद करें (जो उपयोगकर्ताओं को वेबसाइट पर सोशल मीडिया आइकन और बटन डाल सकते हैं) हिन्दी में!
- kya aap hindee bolate hain? krpaya hamen is plagin ka anuvaad karane mein madad karen (jo upayogakartaon ko vebasait par soshal meediya aaikan aur batan daal sakate hain) hindee mein!
- hal tatahaddath alearabia? yrja musaeadatana fi tarjamat hdha albarnamaj almusaeid (waldhy yasmah lilmustakhdamin liwade alrrumuz wasayil al’iielam alaijtimaeiat wal’azrar ealaa mawqie ealaa shabakat alantrnt) ‘iilaa alllughat alearabia!
- هل تتحدث العربية؟ يرجى مساعدتنا في ترجمة هذا ا البرنامج المساعد (والذي يسمح للمستخدمين لوضع لرموز وسائل الاعلام الاجتماعية والأزرار على موقع على شبكة الانترنت) إلى اللغة العربية!
Please email us at support at ultimatelysocial dot com and let us know to which language you want to translate it to. Thank you!
The free plugin already provides tons of options (as outlined above). In our Premium Plugin, even more is possible. Some examples for additional features in the Premium Plugin:
- More social media sites (the icon pack includes an Instagram button, Snapchat button, Yummly button, Print button, Whatsapp button, Yelp button, Soundcloud button, Skype button, Flickr button, Share button, Blogger button, Digg button, Reddit button, Vimeo button, Tumblr button, Xing button, vk button, Telegram button, Amazon button, Spotify button and many more badge, see list above)
- More (default) design styles for your ions
- Themed design styles for your icons (e.g. if you have a site about cats, you can pick from cat-themed icons etc.)
- Better sharing & following features (tailored tweet texts, allow people to follow you directly on your page etc.)
- Place the icons on specific pages
- Optimized for mobile sharing and buton display
- More functions for email icon to connect with you
- More lightbox / popup options (e.g. limit how often the popup is shown to the same user)
- (Friendly and fast) Support
- Many more settings & options
- Please also check the more comprehensive FAQ on http://ultimatelysocial.com/faq
An exceptional social media plugin. Love it.
Working great so far, I have no complaints.
It’s quite handy and very easy to use. Does its job well
Excellent, simple to use. Does just what it is supposed to do 🙂
Bidragsgivare och utvecklare
”Sociala medier” är programvara med öppen källkod. Följande personer har bidragit till detta tillägg.Bidragande personer
- Issue fixed that sometimes incorrect error-messages showed on front-end
- Credit link updated
- More icons added for pro-version
- SpecificFeeds adjusted for paid option
- De-installation will now clear database entirely
- Upgrade to pro-link renamed
- New option for tailor-made icons
- Activation/de-activation links optimized
- Notifications activated
- Notifications revised
- Notification added
- Instructions for troubleshooting optimized
- Facebook icon leading to empty pages (in specific cases) fixed
- Twitter sharing text issues with forwarded slashes fixed
- Links to review sites adjusted following WordPress changes in review section
- Missing counts for email follow option fixed (when there are no subscribers yet)
- Extra explanation text added
- Corner case vulnerability fixed
- Claiming box made nicer
- Updated PIN-it button to SAVE
- Claiming process simplified
- jQuery issue fixed
- Counts for SpecificFeeds-subscribers are back, getting updated once a day
- Some mouse-over issues for custom icons, fixed now
- Cute G+ icon didn’t look good on dark backgrounds, fixed now
- Counts for SpecificFeeds-subscribers disabled due to high server load. We’ll try to bring them back in a future plugin version.
- Size of custom icons corrected
- Cute G+ icon too small before, corrected now
- Better description how to get G+ API key added
- Unsupported ”live” function in jquery fixed
- Language issues fixed
- Counter didn’t disappear before/after posts if round icons were selected – fixed now
- Language folder added
- Persian added as first language
- For round icons before/after posts, the counts now correctly show the counts of the post page, not necessarily the page they are on
- Translation errors fixed
- Translation errors fixed
- Icons sometimes on top of each other – fixed
- New icon function: If user has given the icon a visit-us functionality, then it already works now when clicking on the icon (i.e. no selection in tooltip required)
- Errors appearing on front end fixed
- Plugin updated for translations
- E-NOTICE error fixed
- Removed the js files from plugin and using the ones provided by WP now
- POST calls optimized (sanitize, escape, validate)
- Removed feedback option
- Tags changed
- Feedback mechanism disabled
- Tags reduced
- Added Facebook share button after/before posts
- G+ design issues on black background fixed
- Crashes/content disappearing fixed
- Overkill declaration in the CSS fixed
- Custom icons can now have mailto:-functionality
- jQuery UI issues fixed
- Rectangle G+ icon now shown as last one as it takes more space (looks better)
- jQuery issues/conflicts fixed
- Script issues fixed
- Count issues for icons on homepage fixed
- Text added on plugin setting’s page for easier understanding
- Issue that dashboard sometimes doesn’t load fixed
- Instagram thin-icon issue fixed (misspelled, therefore didn’t show)
- Custom icon uploads optimized
- Facebook changed their API – please upgrade if you want Facebook sharing on mobile to work properly on your site!
- Custom icon uploads optimized
- Houzz error message fixed
- Plugin made ready for translations
- Feed claiming optimized
- Shortpixel link updated
- Feed claiming bug fixed
- Houzz-button integrated
- New G+ button updated
- Quicker claiming of feed possible
- Comments to share-button added
- Credit to shortpixel added
- New feature: Users can now decide where exactly the floating icons will display
- Internal links corrected
- Fixed: Targets only labels within the social icons div.
- Subscriber counts fixed
- Apostrophe issues fixed
- Conflicts with Yoast SEO plugin resolved
- PHP errors fixed
- Plugin also allows a subscription form now (question 8)!
- Count issues fixed – please upgrade!
- Style constructor updated to PHP 5
- Text adjustments in admin area
- More explanations added how to fix if counts don’t work
- Icon files are compressed now for faster loading – thank you ShortPixel.com!
- A typo in the code threw an error message in certain cases, this is fixed now
- jQuery issues fixed
- Vulnerability issues fixed
- Twitter-button didn’t get displayed in full sometimes, this is fixed now
- CSS issues (occurred on some templates) fixed
- Facebook updated API (so counts didn’t get displayed correctly anymore), we updated the plugin accordingly
- Sometimes error messages appeared on the front end, this is fixed now
- New follow-icons added
- More ”rectangle” icons added before/after posts
- Widget was rendered incorrectly on some templates, fixed now
- Icons didn’t always line up (on some themes), fixed now
- Youtube API got changed, which made the counts not displayed correctly, this is now adjusted in the plugin
- Slight layout adjustments in plugin’s admin area
- Links with ”@” in the url (e.g. as in Flickr-links) now get recognized as well
- Alignment issues of icons in tooltip fixed
- Layout optimizations in plugin area
- Users can now select to have the number of likes of their facebook page displayed as counts of the facebook icon on their blogs
- Typos in admin area corrected
- Users can now disable auto-scaling feature for mobile devices (”viewport” meta tag)
- Vulnerabilities (AJAX) fixed
- OG-issues (caused in conjunction with other plugins) fixed
- Og-issues fixed
- Conflicts with Yoast SEO plugin sorted
- Alignments under posts didn’t work sometimes before, fixed now
- When user selected icons to shuffle pop-up didn’t show up, fixed now
- Short code corrected
- On some templates the checkboxes in the admin area couldn’t get selected, fixed now
- Links now to the correct review screen
- Share-box only displayed partly sometimes, fixed now
- When sharing from a Facebook business page it returned errors, this should be fixed now (to be observed)
- Sometimes facebook share count didn’t increase despite liking it, this should be fixed now (to be observed)
- Template CSS conflicts solved in the plugin
- Facebook sharing text issues fixed
- First release