The Admin Command Palette (ACP) is a modal window in the WordPress Admin that live searches admin content, which saves you many clicks and page loads. You can:
- Search for and navigate to user-generated content (Posts, Pages, Users, etc.).
- Search for and navigate to WordPress Admin Pages (All Posts, Add New Post, etc.).
- Perform WordPress Admin actions via the ACP or a keyboard shortcut (Publish, Add Media, View Post, etc.).
This plugin brings about a new level of efficiency to WordPress admin user interactions: it’s like the difference between going over a mountain via a pass, versus going through a mountain via a tunnel. The tunnel is always more direct, more efficient, and more straightforward than the pass.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Use the keyboard shortcut ”shift+shift” to activate the search modal window.
- See Frequently Asked Questions for further setup instructions.
You can customize the plugin settings on the Admin Command Palette settings page in the WordPress Admin. (Settings -> Admin Command Palette)
- Threshold (Default: .3): this determines how closely a search query must match in order to return an item as a result. 0.0 must be a perfect match, 1.0 will match anything.
- Max Results per Section (Default: 5): a max number of results per content type.
- Group Results by Type: Results can be displayed one of two ways. The default is to display results in a flat list, ordered by closest match. Selecting this option displays results grouped by their content type, e.g., all the posts, pages, tags, categories, etc. will be grouped under individual subheadings.
- Included Post Types (Default: none): Select post types from this checkbox group to include them in the search. All registered post types except for navigation menu items are included in this list.
- Included Taxonomies (Default: none): Select taxonomies from this checkbox group to include them in the search. All registered taxonomies are included in this list.
- Clear Content Cache: The data for this plugin is generated and loaded into the page from a cache that gets automatically cleared whenever new content is added. You can use this button to clear the cache manually.
- How does the search determine a match?
The live search compares the search term against titles, e.g., a post title, an admin page title, or an admin action title, using the Fuse.js library to find results.
- Keyboard Shortcuts
The ACP comes with some built-in keyboard shortcuts to make actions in the WordPress admin easier. You do not need to open the ACP in order to use the shortcuts.
- ␛ – Clear input focus
- ⇧+s – Primary button click
- ⇧+p – Preview
- ⇧+t – Trash
- ⇧+v – Open Post/Page in New Tab
- ⇧+n – Add New Post/Page
- ⇧+f – Set Featured Image
- → – Pagination: next page
- ← – Pagination: previous page
- ⇧+→ – Pagination: last page
- ⇧+← – Pagination: first page
I’m loving this plugin. It saves me a lot of time – especially when doing something where I’m switching between admin pages constantly.
Bidragsgivare och utvecklare
”Admin Command Palette” är programvara med öppen källkod. Följande personer har bidragit till detta tillägg.Bidragande personer