The most comprehensive plugin for controlling access to the WordPress REST API!
Works as a ”set it and forget it” install. Just upload and activate, and the entire REST API will be inaccessible to your general site visitors.
But if you do need to grant access to some endpoints, you can do that too. Go to the Settings page and you can quickly whitelist individual endpoints (or entire branches of endpoints) in the REST API.
You can even do this on a per-user-role basis, so your unauthenticated users have one set of rules while WooCommerce customers have another while Subscribers and Editors and Admins all have their own. NOTE: Out of the box, all defined user roles will still be granted full access to the REST API until you choose to manage those settings.
For most versions of WordPress, this plugin will return an authentication error if a user is not allowed to access an endpoint. For legacy support, WordPress 4.4, 4.5, and 4.6 use the provided
rest_enabled filter to disable the entire REST API.
- Ladda upp katalogen
/wp-content/plugins/-katalogen via FTP
- Alternatively, upload the
disable-json-api_v#.#.zipfile to the ’Plugins->Add New’ page in your WordPress admin area
- Aktivera tillägget via menyn ”Tillägg” i WordPress
Hur vet jag om detta tillägg fungerar?
While logged into WordPress as any user, the REST API will function as intended. Because of this, you must use a new browser – or Chrome’s incognito mode – to test your website with a clean session. Go to yourdomain.com/wp-json/ (or yourdomain.com/?rest_route=/ if you have pretty permalinks disabled) while NOT LOGGED IN to test the results. You will see an authentication error returned if the plugin is active. ”DRA: Only authenticated users can access the REST API.”
Does this plugin disable every REST API that is installed on my site?
This plugin is ONLY meant to disable endpoints accessible via the core REST API that is part of WordPress itself. If a plugin or theme has implemented their own REST API (not to be confused with implementing their own endpoints within the WordPress API) this plugin will have no effect.
Bidragsgivare och utvecklare
”Disable REST API” är programvara med öppen källkod. Följande personer har bidragit till detta tillägg.Bidragande personer
- Tested up to WP v5.8
- Replace use of filemtime() with plugin version number for static file enqueues. Props @tangrufus for bringing this up!
- Fixed logic bug for role-based default_allow rules. Props @msp1974 for the report!
- Few small code-style updates
- Tested up to WP v5.6
- Added support for managing endpoint access on a per-user-role basis
- Soooooooo many small changes behind the scenes to support the above
- Tested up to WP v5.5
- Tested up to WP v5.3
- Added enforcement for WordPress and PHP minimum version requirements
- Fixed minor bug to prevent unintended empty routes
- Minor text updates and adding textdomain to translation functions that didn’t have them
- Lade till
- Fixed issue causing unintentional unlocking of endpoints when another WP_Error existed before this plugin did its job
- Fixed echo of text URL to primary Plugins page in WP Dashboard
- Testat för WP v4.8
- Testat för PHP 5.3+
- Lagt till en sida för inställningar
- Site Admins may now whitelist routes that they wish to allow unauthenticated access to
dra_allow_rest_apifilter to the is_logged_in() check, so developers can get more granular with permissions
- Props to @tangrufus for all of the help that went into this release
- Testat för WP 4.7
- Adding new functionality to raise authentication errors in 4.7+ for non-logged-in users
- Testat för WP v4.5
- Removal of actions which publish REST info to the head and header
- Updated to support the new filters created in the 2.0 beta API
- Första version